The Art in Handling Difficult People
If we run into an arrogant, rude and nasty person in a supermarket or even a line at the local post office, we can often ignore them and carry on with life. However, if this person is a member of our family or organization especially in our department, whom we have to relate to day in and day out; it is a totally different scenario. Can we ignore them? The answer is a big “NO”. The situation is even trickier if that person is good at doing their job and only bad in dealing with people. It is necessary to work with this person with the intention to preserve and improve the working relationship so that a win-win situation is created.
Unfortunately, dealing with difficult individuals in a workplace can be very stressful and draining and many people just do not have this skill.
The Art in Handling Difficult People training-workshop includes training in recognising attitudes and actions that impact others, using effective techniques to deal with difficult people, using tools to deal with anger, developing coping strategies, understanding motives and behaviours and more.
Knowing how to handle difficult people will allow you to approach your job with more enjoyment and engage with your co-workers with greater confidence.
- See conflict as communication
- Benefit from a confrontation
- Prevent problems
- How to deal with own and other peoples' anger
- Deal with problems
- Understand and use the three step conflict resolution model
- Change yourself depending on the situation
- Understand people’s behaviours and motives
- Identify causes of difficult behaviour
- Counter negativity with positivity
- Discuss problems in groups
- Plan and practice to handle difficult situations successfully
- Module 1: The Origin of Difficult People
- Module 2: Conflict as Communication
- Module 3: Benefits of Confrontation
- Module 4: Preventing Problems
- Module 5: Getting Focused
- Module 6: Managing Anger
- Module 7: Dealing with Problems
- Module 8: The Conflict Resolution Model
- Module 9: Rapport Building
- Module 10: Eye & Body Patterns
- Module 11: Active Listening
- Module 12: Power of Intent
2 full days of face-to-face and interactive training-workshop.
* Duration and modules can be adjusted based on requirements.
Certificate of Learning
Upon completion of this training-workshop, learners’ will be awarded with a Certificate of Learning.